After creating the powerpoint, this unit requires me to add a supplementary report to “supplement” the powerpoint.
For my trailer I will make an adaptation of Fire Emblem’s first title: ‘Shadow Dragon and the Bade of Light’ released by Nintendo in April, 1990. To successfully make this game I will need it to have 2D animation, motion graphics, live action footage and sound.
From looking at the most recent trailers, such as 2013’s Awakening and 2015’s Fates, I have concluded that there are set features they have, such as:
- Company logo
- Title Card
- Age rating/ warning
- Example of story
- Game mechanics e.g. ‘support conversation’
- Some mythical animal e.g. dragon/ ‘Manakete’
- presentation of characters.
Including these features will give me a good bases as to what I will be able to animate, what I would create motion graphics for, where to place live action footage and what to do with the sound.
Market & Audience
My market would be 13-18 as they hold the largest markets for games and I wouldn’t have to worry about censorship. The split between genders is almost completely down the middle so I wouldn’t focus on that and keep it ‘gender neutral’.
In order to produce my trailer I will need a variety of resources in order to make and render the trailer.
- Mac: to support the software
- Phone: to record the sounds/ audio
- Camera: to record the live action footage
- SD Card: save footage
- Scanner: to upload sketches into the computer
- Internet: research/ image source
- Adobe Photoshop: to give certain images an alpha channel, e.g. company logo
- FireAlpaca: to draw my aspects
- Adobe Audition: to edit and clean up sounds
- GarageBand: to create soundtrack
- Adobe After Effects: to create the trailer
- Adobe Media Encoder CS6: to render the trailer
I will advertise my trailer on YouTube instead of on the television as millennials aren’t watching it anymore. Specifically, YouTube channels with quite a large following and those that do game plays and/ or are invested into anime (which is the art style of the game) – e.g. NateWantsToBattleGames, SpeedoSausage, AniSins – so that the people who have the same interests will see it at the right place.