When we began to start looking at designing our own layout for our own client’s website, I started to look at other website of a similar media to know what was typical.
“CERAMIC ART LONDON 2016”
- Has included its name at the start of the Z-read,
- Side menu is easy to find and navigate,
- Social media is within view
- Doesn’t seem centred due to the empty space on the right-hand side,
- N o real consistency with the colours; feels a bit thrown together,
- Titles aren’t particularly visible,
- Front might be too small.
- Hyperlink from menu takes me straight to page,
- Continued layout,
- Alphabetically ordered; good for someone who knows what they are looking for.
- Isn’t very visually pleasing,
- Not scrolling/ viewer friendly,
- Too wordy for a gallery as to see any pictures you need to like on a link,
- Titles have remained barely visible against the there text.
Improvements for website:
- Choose a colour theme of 2-3 colours only,
- Change layout to maybe have a dropdown menu going along the top so it is more accessible,
- Include more media, such as photos as for an art based website it is woefully lacking,
- Get rid of so much white, unneeded space,
- Properly centre layout,
- Cut d o w n on relevant content.
“Contemporary Ceramics Centre”
- Follow’s Z-Read,
- Clear and concise layout,
- Nicely spaced,
- Easy to navigate,
- Websites information is visible as soon as the viewer,
- Media rich,
- Social media links visible.
- Could be considered a bit too simplistic